Announcing the Fall Gatherings Sew Along
I'm excited to announce that I'll be hosting the Fall Gatherings Sew Along from October 4th – November 7th for Riley Blake Designs!
While I love some fun fall themed fabric, my heart is with solids, so I will be sewing a solids version with Riley Blake's Confetti Cottons Solids!
These are the Confetti Cottons solids I chose! I wanted a bright and modern version of this fall design. Here is the yardage that I used:
- White (background) - 5 yards
- Songbird (border strips) - 1 yard
- Brownie, Teddy Bear, Butterscotch, Riley Mustard, Mac n' Cheese, Riley Orange, Peacock, Lime, Olive, and Persimmon - 1/2 yard
You can get all these Confetti Cottons solid fabrics from my friends at the Fat Quarter Shop!
There actually a quilt kit with the Adel in Autumn line too if anyone is interested, but it's not quite in stores yet thanks to Covid delays. You can see that box set listed here at the Fat Quarter Shop. I'll let everyone know when it is available!
Here's the schedule for the 5 week sew along:
- (10/4) Week #1: Cut and organize border pieces + Blocks 1 + 9
- (10/11) Week #2: Blocks 4 + 5
- (10/18) Week #3: Blocks 6 + 7
- (10/25) Week #4: Blocks 8 + Remaining Border Diamond Blocks
- (11/1) Week #5: Catch up + Assemble Quilt Top
It's a bit of a quick sew, and ideally we would have been doing this during the summer but Covid caused lots of delays with the fabric! However, it's a pretty simple pattern to construct so it should go quickly!
I'm excited to be making a fun fall quilt to snuggle under. We'll be using the hashtag #fallgatheringsSAL on social media!
I hope you all will join along!