Three Treats Table Runner + Tutorial
When I first created the 12" Three Treats Block pattern in September, I knew that I wanted to make a table runner with it.
So I pulled out a bunch of my Riley Blake basics in Halloween colors - orange, green, purple and black & white and found a blend that was perfect!
I decided to go for a scrappy look and these little candies came out so great!
Then I whipped up the blocks into a table runner that will be perfect for our entertainment center. It's a pretty fast make and Bentley seems happy with the final product! Now we just need to get this quilted up and finish our Halloween decorations!
Now you can make your own with this easy tutorial!
Table Runner Tutorial
First, grab a copy of my FREE Three Treats Pattern from the Sew Brainy Store!
You will need to make (4) blocks to assemble a 18" x 63" table runner.
Cut the following fabric pieces:
- Background (Black) - 1 yard needed
- Cut (2) 4-1/2" x WOF
- subcut: (12) 4-1/2" squares, (12) 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" rectangles
- Cut (4) 2" x WOF
- subcut: (8) 2" x 12-1/2" strips
- Cut (5) 3.5" x WOF
- subcut: (5) 3-1/2" x 12-1/2" strips and (1) 3-1/2" x 15" strip. Set the remaining (3) WOF strip aside for the border.
- Assorted accent fabric for candy pieces
- (12) 4-1/2" squares (for wrapper edges)
- (12) 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" rectangles (candy center)
- (24) 1.5" x 3-1/2" rectangles (for candy stripes - in pairs of 2 per color)
1. Sew (4) Three Treats blocks using the block pattern directions.
2. For the main section of the table runner, arrange the four blocks and (5) 3-1/2" x 12-1/2" strips as shown below. Sew all pieces together and press seams open.
3. Prepare the border strips by sewing the (3) 3-1/2" x WOF black strips and the (1) 3-1/2" x 15" black strip together on the short ends to create one continuous strip. Subcut into (2) 3-1/2" x 64" strips (these are slightly oversized so you will need to trim later).
4. Sew (1) border strip on the top and bottom of the main section. Press seams open and square up the corners.
5. You now have a finished table runner top! Quilt and bind as desired.
I'd love to see what you make! Tag your projects on social media with #ThreeTreatsTableRunner and #sewbrainydesigns.