Welcome to the Fall Gatherings Sew Along that I'm hosting for my friends at Riley Blake Designs!
This SAL is running from October 4th – November 7th, so this is week #1! Here is my last blog post where I announced it and gave more info.
I'm featuring the quilt pattern by Sandy Gervais finishes at 74" X 74" with adorable fall-themed blocks! You can get the pattern HERE from the Fat Quarter Shop.
I'm sewing a solid version of this pattern with Riley Blake's Confetti Cottons Solids!
These are the solids I'm using. I love how bright and vibrant they are, but I feel like the quilt still has a fall vibe to it!
This week you will also need to cut out all the pieces for the border diamonds. There are (44) large diamonds and (44) small diamonds for the border. You will need to divide those up between the next few weeks and get those done so you will have the border ready to go for the last week.
Here's the schedule again for the sew along:
- (10/4) Week #1: Cut and organize border pieces + Blocks 1 + 9
- (10/11) Week #2: Blocks 2 + 4 + 5 + border diamond blocks
- (10/18) Week #3: Blocks 3 + 6 + border diamond blocks
- (10/25) Week #4: Blocks 7 + 8 + Remaining border diamond blocks
- (11/1) Week #5: Catch up + Assemble Quilt Top
It's a quick sew, but the construction is simple you can definitely get it done! If you post to social media, be sure to use the hashtag #fallgatheringsSAL!
Let me know if you have any questions!