Welcome to the Fall Gatherings Sew Along that I'm hosting for my friends at Riley Blake Designs!
This SAL is running from October 4th – November 7th, so this is week #4! Here are the previous blog posts:
I'm sewing a solid version of this pattern with Riley Blake's Confetti Cottons Solids!
These are the solids I'm using. I love how bright and vibrant they are, but I feel like the quilt still has a fall vibe to it! You can grab these solids here at the Fat Quarter Shop.
For Block 7, I used Teddy Bear, Mac n' Cheese, Riley Lime, and Peacock.
For Block 8, I used Riley Orange, Mac 'N Cheese, and Olive. This pumpkin is so cute!
Her whole quilt comes together beautifully!
Don't forget that to work on your diamond border pieces! so they'll be ready to put all together for the next week!
Here's the schedule again for the sew along:
- (10/4) Week #1: Cut and organize border pieces + Blocks 1 + 9
- (10/11) Week #2: Blocks 2 + 4 + 5 + border diamond blocks
- (10/18) Week #3: Blocks 3 + 6 + border diamond blocks
- (10/25) Week #4: Blocks 7 + 8 + Remaining border diamond blocks
- (11/1) Week #5: Catch up + Assemble Quilt Top
It's a quick sew, but the construction is simple you can definitely get it done! If you post to social media, be sure to use the hashtag #fallgatheringsSAL!
Let me know if you have any questions!